HDMH SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Marcus Stroman and the HDMH Foundation want to change the game when it comes to creating educational opportunities for those in need. The mission behind this unique scholarship program is to inspire candidates that they can achieve any dream if they put their mind to it.
OUR SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The HDMH Foundation Scholarship Program is designed to provide students in need of financial support the opportunity to take part in higher education. This is of utmost importance to Marcus, one of only a handful of professional baseball players with a four-year college degree. Our program addresses the financial needs of college students and provides not only financial support but extensive, hands-on mentoring and support services.
Our HDMH Scholars will receive a generous grant, issued on a year-to-year basis, to attend the undergraduate school of their choice. Our program helps students effectively navigate their college environments, explore career options, develop leadership skills, embrace a commitment to service, and never forget their educational success is measured by both their passion and dedication to hard work. The program also promotes rising above circumstances and pursuing dreams while focusing on positively impacting others’ lives, values that have guided Marcus on his impressive path to success as a professional athlete.
HDMH Foundation Scholarships are awarded to outstanding high school graduates who plan to earn a baccalaureate degree from an accredited, four-year college or university.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION IS CLOSED
Get notified for 2021 application key dates and further information.
Eligibility & Requirements
In order to qualify for the HDMH Foundation Scholarship, the following is required:
- You’re a high school senior
- You’re a legal U.S. resident residing in New York or Tampa or a Canadian citizen residing in Toronto
- You’re younger than 21 years old
- You carry a minimum 3.5 GPA
- You have financial need
- You can supply a transcript
- You’ll disclose other scholarship programs that you’ve applied for
- You’ll enroll and attend a four-year college or university in the academic year after your selection (verification needed, as scholarship funds are paid directly to the schools)
HOW ARE SCHOLARSHIP WINNERS SELECTED?
The scholarship recipients are selected based on:
- Academic achievement
- Financial need (1040 form required)
- Community involvement
- Personal qualities and strengths as portrayed in a personal interview, either in-person or by phone by members of the HDMH Foundation Board of Directors
- Winners are selected by May-June.
WHAT MATERIALS AND DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED?
- Personal essay
- Letter of recommendation to be submitted online
- List of community service projects
In addition to applying for the HDMH Scholarship, we encourage students in need to also file for federal student loan assistance (FAFSA, or Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Here is some vital information to be aware of:
FOLLOW HDMH FOUNDATION
Copyright © 2021 HDMH Foundation